[Mapserver-users] mod_perl segfaults

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Tue Jun 15 09:47:38 EDT 2004

The following message was sent by covad at ert.dyndns.org on Mon, 14 Jun
2004 15:30:43 -0400.

> I'm getting errors like the following:
>
> [Mon Jun 14 14:22:49 2004] [notice] child pid 19412 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

> in my apache error log, but only intermittently. The site is usable, but
> craps out ~25% of the time.
>
> I'm running perl mapscript 4.2.0, apache 1.3.31, and mod_perl 1.29.
>
> Has anyone else seen behavior like this?
>
> Would rolling back to mapscript 4.0 help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -rob

Rob

As Sean mentioned before - it is probably due to multiple requests into
the same map/mapObj.
Starting in 4.2 it should be safe to clone the map to avoid this but it
does require more testing then what has been done.
If that doesn't work I know that GOMOOS (currently very busy so I'm not
sure they will reply) currently uses mod_perl but opens a new map for
each request to ensure that two requests do not conflict.

Lowell