[Mapserver-users] Other MapServer mailing lists

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Wed Jun 16 19:07:09 EDT 2004

Some of us have been discussing/debating about how to improve the
MapServer community, specifically via the mailing lists.  The idea is that
there might be some benefit gained from creating a new list or two.

I am not sure how well all the questions get answered, especially
considering the volume of mail coming through these days.

- I've heard from more than a few people that they unsubscribe after their
question is answered because the traffic is so high.  Do you think new
users would benefit from a less threatening (lower volume!) newbie list?
- Would some specific technical areas benefit from having a list (i.e.
Mapscript)?
- Would an "announcement only" list be useful?

What do you others on the list think?

Tyler

p.s. for those of you who were overcome with guilt for never replying to
my surveys, now's your chance to participate ;) ha!