[Mapserver-users] GetLegendGraphic Rules?

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Jun 16 23:34:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've found this issue as well.  IMHO, a GetLegendGraphic request should
give back all classes with labels -- just like the MapServer CGI
"mode=legend" does.

I believe there is a ticket open on this issue.  As a temporary
workaround, what I do is:

- generate a legend image to disk (with MapServer CGI "mode=legend" or
./legend command line
- set KEYIMAGE in layer CLASS object to the image

..but I haven't tried this with multiple or scale dependent classes, and
not sure how it would work

At any rate, this would be a valued enhancement to the MapServer OGC:WMS
support.

..Tom

=========================
Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist
Environment Canada
Tel: +01-905-336-4409
http://www.ec.gc.ca/

http://jimbeam.ermapper.com.au/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=D:/webs/www3/Av
ein_
Demo.map&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetLegendGraphic&service=WMS&LAYER=Geolog
y - indicating rock type&format=image/png

Unfortunately, this only produces the one graphic item without a label.

I would like display all the class items within the layer, each with a
label.  Is there a way of doing this?

I chased up some bug reports, and mailing list archives, etc, and they
mentioned specifying a rule.  What should the rule value be?

I am using mapServer 4.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email
by you is prohibited..

www.ermapper.com
www.earthetc.com