[Mapserver-users] invalid image extent with dhtml demo and germany map

Inge Keckeisen inke03 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 17 12:34:32 EDT 2004

Hi,

since I try to show a map of Germany with the dhtml interface of the Itasca
demo the scalebar shows the wrong scale (after zooming in a lot) or doesn't
appear not at all.
The original Itasca dhtml demo is working fine.Also my own mapfile runs well
but only without the dhtml interface.

This is what the browser brings up when right-clicking on the scalebar icon:
	msCalculateScale(): General error message. Invalid image extent.
	msCalculateScale(): General error message. Invalid image extent.
	mapserv(): Web application error. No way to generate map extent.
Maybe I have to change something in the mapserv.js to define the map extent
but don't know what I should do explicitly. I hope someone can give me a
hint.

Regards,
Inge Keckeisen

Here are some snippets of the mapfile:
(The data is in WGS84, but I want to have it projected in Gauss-Krueger3)

NAME 'Deutschland'
STATUS ON
PROJECTION
     	'init=epsg:31467'	# Gauss-Krueger Zone3
END

SIZE   350 500
EXTENT 3228330.530 5193322.629 3988410.415 6163355.154
UNITS  METERS

SCALEBAR
 STATUS ON
  LABEL
  	COLOR 000 000 000
  	SIZE SMALL
  END
 SIZE 250 3
  COLOR 0 90 230
  OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
 UNITS KILOMETERS
END

LAYER
  NAME 'Bundesgebiet'
  GROUP 'bundesgebiet'
  DATA 'data/grenze'
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POLYGON
	PROJECTION
     		'init=epsg:4326'		# WGS84
	END
      CLASS
       NAME 'Grenze'
       COLOR 210 210 210
       OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
      END
END

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl