[Mapserver-users] Why Mapserver GML does not validate with XMLSpy

Paul Spencer spencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 17 16:00:07 EDT 2004

I just tried this.  If I click the link (as it appears in my email
client), the & are automagically translated to &.  Even when I copy
the link, they are replaced.  If I revert the & to & in my browser's
address bar, it does not work (same error message that Bart reported).

This is on WinXP using mozilla ... and on linux using Mozilla too

One note:  the link as written below will generate a ServiceException
because the first & is not escaped and so MapServer will read the fact
that it is the WFS service that is being invoked, and will generate a
ServiceException for an incomplete request.  If the first & is encoded
as & then you get the mapserv error message.

HTH

Paul