[Mapserver-users] [SLD] Trouble with <ExternalGraphic>

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 18 09:49:13 EDT 2004

I'm trying to use en external graphic fill as PolygonSymbolizer.

I have 2 problems.

First, the exemple in the document "OGC SLD support in Mapserver" in not
valid SLD and the hyperlink doesn't work. So it is hard to understand
how it works. The problem is that

<OnlineResource>
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/msapps/world_testdata/map/etc/target-1.gif
</OnlineResource>
<Format>PNG</Format>

should be

<OnlineResource xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/msapps/world_testdata/map/etc/target-1.gif"
/>
<Format>image/gif</Format>

Secondly,

With my SLD, I don't get graphic fill, but only solid fill.

This is the pertinent extract of my SLD. Sadly, my server is not
accessible from the internet...

<PolygonSymbolizer>
	<Geometry>
		<ogc:PropertyName>the_area</ogc:PropertyName>
	</Geometry>
	<Fill>
		<GraphicFill>
			<Graphic>
	   			<ExternalGraphic>
					<OnlineResource 	    xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="http://rerun/symbol/img/B50k/vegetation_vignoble.png"
					/>
					<Format>image/png</Format>
				</ExternalGraphic>