[Mapserver-users] Ordinal Not found - The ordinal 19 could not be located in the dynamic link library PROJ.dll

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 22 10:01:30 EDT 2004

Trent Burton wrote:
> I had installed Mapserver on Windows using the binaries supplied on the
> Mapserver web site.  It appeared to me that my data was not being
> projected properly so I tried to install PROJ4 as instructed on
> MapServer Wiki
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WindowProjHowTo using the
> prebuilt binaries and I get the follwing error pop up on the server when
> I make a map request:

> mapserv.exe - Ordinal not found
>
> The ordinal 19 could not be located in the dynamic link library PROJ.dl

Trent,

The problem is that you are using a pretty old PROJ.4 binary build that
is missing some functions (each assigned an ordinal number).   If the mapserver
binary you originally installed included a proj.dll then stick with that.

More likely the problem you were running into related to properly finding the
PROJ support files for which you likey need to set PROJ_LIB properly.

Best regards,