[Mapserver-users] OGR ovf access problem

Chip Hankley Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com
Tue Jun 22 13:56:00 EDT 2004

First, make sure that you are using the LATEST version of MapServer.
This only works w/ MapServer versions compile with newer versions of
GDAL. If you are using one of the pre-compliled binaries, then it's very
likely you're version is NOT recent enough. As of last week, I found
that the only version that would do this was the 4.2 beta version
mapserver binary on DM Solutions website.

My hunch is that if the ogrinfo tests worked OK, then it's probably
that your MS version doesn't have the right version of GDAL.

Chip

>>> <COUTUJF at dfo-mpo.gc.ca> 06/22/04 12:26PM >>>
Hello list,
	I'm trying to access a distant Oracle database from Mapserver
using
the ovf file and an ODBC connection. I tested the ovf file with ogrinfo
as
per the WIKI and it worked OK.

When I try to access the layer in mapserver I keep getting the
following
error message:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'sipa'.
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection `sipa.ovf'.
File
not found or unsupported format.

I did try to follow WIKI tip #1:

1.Enable mod_env
2.add lines like: setenv ORACLE_HOME /path/
3.restart apache

But I don't have Oracle installed on the webserver's machine, only the
ODBC
driver.
So I can't figure out what the path should be...

Must I install Oracle?

Thanks,

JF

Jean-Francois Coutu
Canadian Coast Guard
coutujf at dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned for viruses at RMT prior to sending.