[Mapserver-users] Other MapServer mailing lists

Godwin, Liz Godwinl at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Jun 22 16:40:55 EDT 2004

Tyler et al.

I'm a little late responding to the list on this one, mainly because it
is so busy.  My MapServer folder gets swamped, and I stop checking
because after a week I have 500 or so messages to read.  EEAK!

A while ago I suggested a forum instead of a list.  I'm thinking now
that dropping the list is a bad idea, but maybe have it work with a
forum, or something like that.  I've seen online forums that you
subscribe to like mailing lists.  You can either subscribe to entire
forum subjects (Mapscript, Developer, Newbie etc) or just certain
threads.

I would even go so far as to suggest I could START something.  I have
space...but no domain other than my own.  I think it would be better to
have a unified Mapserver community where the wiki, documentation and
forum/list could be accessed like they are now, just improved.  Instead
of having pieces built all over the place.  This would involve UMN
unless it starts from scratch.  At the moment there is no way for the
community to edit the MapServer page other than editing the wiki.

Ooph!  Good luck Tyler on pulling concensus from this.  Most of the
ideas I read through were good ones!

Liz Godwin