[Mapserver-users] Using STYLE objects (was: problem adding north arrow to map)

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Wed Jun 23 12:58:57 EDT 2004

> The SYMBOL really should be inside the STYLE object, that would make it
> less of a kludge. The old keywords at the class level really affect one
> of two styles behind the scenes. One main one and one for overlay. Folks
> should move away from those shortcuts.

Call me Mr. Kludge - I could really use a short lesson on using STYLE
instead of the typical shortcut :)
Should I just be moving all my style and symbol-related parameters into a
STYLE object in the CLASS?  Does 4.2 support named styles?

Once I'm up to speed then I'll look at updating the docs Jeff and I
created for the vector data access workshop.
I suggest others do the same, every tutorial/training guide I reviewed on
the Mapserver site still uses the old method!

Tyler