[Mapserver-users] Using the shapefile FID in a query

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Mon Jun 28 14:42:54 EDT 2004

Does you query returns a blank value or does it return [FID]?  If blank
then something is truly wrong with your script or with MapServer (and I
can't help you with that :).  If it does say [FID] then it means you
actually don't have the field FID in your database.  Does your script
hide this sort of error from your users?

If FID is there and it's the only field you're using in your query, have
you tried adding the TOLERANCE (and optionally TOLERANCEUNITS) keyword
in your query-able layers?

If you're using ArcView to view the database fields, it's also possible
that FID is just an alias for the real field name.

Sometimes the simplest errors are the hardest ones to find.

-Perry

--
Pericles S. Nacionales

Conservation Biology Program