[Mapserver-users] Mouse Over

Charlton Purvis cpurvis at asg.sc.edu
Tue Mar 2 08:20:42 EST 2004

Well, maybe I can answer part of my question.  At least w/ mapscript, everything's bundled into a mapObj, right?  So we've already hit the database or whatever and run our queries to produce this object.

So if we want a picture, we have to draw something based on this mapObj.  If we want a querymap, we have to draw that based on the mapObj.

Am I correct in thinking that it is the mapObj that is traversed multiple times to produce multiple outputs?  I guess there's no way of getting around that, but it is certainly a heck of a lot better than my original assumption which was that the data sources were being pinged each time.