[Mapserver-users] WMS Problems...

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Mar 3 09:33:07 EST 2004

Steve -

I am not aware of any way to support multiple variants of one image-type
in a single WMS map file.  I might be wrong, but I worked at it,
couldn't figure it out, and went for an alternative solution.  I
maintain multiple, duplicate MAP files that are identical except for the
style of the image type, so I've got one set for 8-bit PNG, one for
24-bit PNG, etc. and select the output by selecting the correct MAP
file.  Not pretty, but the only way I know how.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.