[Mapserver-users] layerObj

mountainduo at mho.com mountainduo at mho.com
Wed Mar 3 13:07:37 EST 2004

Hello,

I am working on java and mapscript. I have a dll and can create a map when
i have the layers already turned on. Now i am trying to use the layerObj
to change the status of a layer so it will display.

here is the problem... When i call the function natively from java i
always get EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. it seems that the layer is not in
memory. I know that it finds it from getLayerByName function. The problem
actually occurs in every function that tries to get or set something in
the layerObj.

here is section from mapscript_wrap.c and i would appreciate if you have
any comments or suggestions to help get this to work:

JNIEXPORT void JNICALL
Java_edu_umn_gis_mapscript_mapscriptJNI_set_1layerObj_1status(JNIEnv
*jenv, jclass jcls, jlong jarg1, jint jarg2) {
    layerObj *arg1 = (layerObj *) 0 ;
    int arg2 ;

    (void)jenv;
    (void)jcls;