[Mapserver-users] GDal + itiff

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 5 10:04:40 EST 2004

Tomko wrote:
> HI,
> I have got few rasters to be displayed as iTIFFs, I believe that i tis a
> Bentley or Leica related format. I searched GDAL i fit is supported and
> did not find anything except of a confusing fix report from Frank. So I
> do not know i fit is supported or not... Any ideas?

Martin,

I have had no problem with iTIFF files.  To the best of my knowledge they
are just nicely organized GeoTIFF files with tiling and overviews.  There
may be some extra tags ignored by GDAL but they don't seem to be critical
to use.  And in the one sample I have available, I didn't even see that.

Best regards,