[Mapserver-users] Indexing of Shapefiles

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Mar 5 10:20:00 EST 2004

Darren,

You should build spatial indexes for all your shapefiles. this speeds
up query and display.

find data_dir -name "*.shp" -exec shptree {} \;

should improve things. It assumes you are on Linux/Unix and the you
have shptree in the path. shptree creates the mapserver spatial index
*.qix and can be found in your mapserver build directory.

-Steve W.