[Mapserver-users] Performance of Virtual Spatial Data Access Method

we wei mapgisnewbies at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 20:33:14 EST 2004

--0-1091389910-1078623194=:178

Hi all,

I have a question regarding about the performance of getting connection from Oracle database through OGR.  From my mapfile, I got 8 layers which are all getting datasource from Oracle database through Virtual Spatial Data Access Method.  They are all working correctly.  However, when I test it through cwc2 or just plainly using WMS thru browser, they takes quite a long while to draw though.  I am a newbie to GIS stuff and this new mapserver technology.  I just wonder if there is any way that I can make it faster.  Right now it seems to me that everytime mapserver needs to get all the needed data from Oracle database and draw them all from scratch.  Does the mapserver suppose to work in this way or did I set up something wrongly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

--0-1091389910-1078623194=:178

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a question regarding about the&nbsp;performance of getting connection from Oracle database through OGR.&nbsp; From my mapfile, I got 8 layers which are all getting datasource from Oracle database through Virtual Spatial Data Access Method.&nbsp; They are all working correctly.&nbsp; However, when I test it through cwc2 or just plainly using WMS thru browser, they takes quite a long while to draw though.&nbsp; I am a newbie to&nbsp;GIS stuff and this new mapserver technology.&nbsp; I just wonder if there is any way that I can make it faster.&nbsp; Right now it seems to me&nbsp;that everytime&nbsp;mapserver needs to&nbsp;get all the needed data from Oracle database&nbsp;and&nbsp;draw them all from scratch.&nbsp; Does&nbsp;the mapserver suppose to work in this way or did I set up something wrongly?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any help would be greatly appreciated :)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Search - <a href="http://search.yahoo.com/?fr=ad-mailsig-home">Find what you’re looking for faster.</a>
--0-1091389910-1078623194=:178--