[Mapserver-users] inline map features and mapfile variable substitution

Scott Miller hexagenia at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 00:37:01 EST 2004

I am trying to map inline features that have xy coordinates submitted
through the url to cgi mapserver.

For example the url would be like this
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=browse&map=../html/mapfiles/xypoint.map&xcoord=480000&ycoord=7228200

and the mapfile would contain a feature object like this:

FEATURE
   POINTS "%xcoord%" "%ycoord%" END
END

When I do this I always get a message saying loadFeaturePoints():Unknown
identifier.  Parsing error near (%xcoord%):(Line 65)

Why can I substitute variables into other areas of the map file but not
POINTS?  Is POINTS supposed to accept cgi variables?

Scott Miller