[Mapserver-users] Problem with GetCapabilities

we wei mapgisnewbies at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 10:00:39 EST 2004

Hi all,

I got a problem when I test getcapabilities on my WMS
server.  I created a mapfile with 8 layers which all
use Oracle datasource through Virtual Spatial Data
access method.  When I tried to test getcapabilities
in a browser, it took quite a long while to download
an xml file while the size of an xml file is only 4kb.
 And sometimes, it will save part of the xml file
only. However, when I test another mapfile with shape
file as the datasource.  I can downloaded an xml file
right away.  I just wonder how getcapabilities works?
Does getcapabilities needs to test connection from
each layer to datasource or simply dump results from
my mapfile?

I am very new to this mapserver technology and could
anyone help me on this problem ?  If anything I
misunderstood, just point me out.  Any help will be
greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.