[Mapserver-users] Compiling on Win32

PLAIRE Rory Rory.PLAIRE at Co.Benton.OR.US
Tue Mar 9 13:22:04 EST 2004

Greetings,

Many thanks to all who work on Mapserver... a great tool to bring GIS closer
to everyone!

I am trying to compile Mapserver on Win32 so that I can create a C# wrapper
with SWIG. Two issues come up: 1) I can't find documentation on how to
generate mapparser.h from mapparser.y, although I've used Flex to no avail
and 2) It isn't clear how to generate Mapserver as a DLL, although I know
that some editing of the build will be needed.

I am lamentably green in the VC++ build process, so these questions will
take me some time to iron out. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to point
to the right direction to start me off.

Appreciative,
-rory

Rory Plaire