[Mapserver-users] How to check memory limits?

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Wed Mar 10 10:42:14 EST 2004

Hello Andreas;

A couple of suggestions follow inline.
HTH

Lowell

The following message was sent by delleske at vauban.de (Andreas Delleske)
on Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:49:20 +0100.

> Hi there,
>
> I have successfully installed the debian packages of paulbaker.net
unter Debian/sarge . To display shapefiles, the mapserver (4.0.1) works
fine with Apache 1.3.29 .

> It seems to me if I want to process bigger files (or tiffs), the cgi
hangs: I get the message "Error 500" and the Apache error log says:
"Premature end of script headers" - no other messages in any logfile.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DebuggingMapserver

> - Where are the limits (memory, time, ..) of the CGI coded oder
configured?

In the httpd.conf under Timeout.