[Mapserver-users] PHP/Mapscript windows binary with PostGIS

Vojtech Honzik V.Honzik at sh.cvut.cz
Thu Mar 11 05:20:57 EST 2004

I would like to ask you pilitely for including the PostGIS support into
new official builds at http://www.maptools.org/dl/
Based on the infrormation from (not only) README in
package mapserver-4.1-dev-win32-php4.3.4.zip, it should contain the
support for PostGIS layers.
Anyway, phpinfo() shows that there is not INPUT=POSTGIS feature. The
version is ($Revision: 1.191 $ $Date:  2004/02/26 15:10:44 $) so it should
as I presume fix for QueryByFence as described for example in
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2003-December/003653.html

I was assured this was already fixed in cvs version of MapServer.
Unfortunately I am not able to compile PHP/MapScript binary on windows on
my own. Under Linux it is quite easier as I know and I wouldn't ask for
help in such case. It is also suggested to rely on original DM Solutions
build i think.

The suggested solution for my problem (multiple features as a query
result) was downgrading of PostgreSQL to something lesser than 7.4(I am
not allowed to do) or fixing the postgis.c source (can't perform this
under Windows).

So if there is anybody who would be able to give me a link to appropriate
PHP/Mapscript module, I would be on his honour.

Best regards,
Vojtech Honzik