[Mapserver-users] Compiling mapserver 4 with gdal + ogr + wfs suport

Sandro Danilo Gatti Gatti at cpqd.com.br
Thu Mar 11 14:19:56 EST 2004

Hello!

I'm trying to build mapserver 4.0 with WFS suport and so I've been using the following configure parameters (well, I've  also tried other configuration parameters, but they turned out the same) :

$ ./configure --with-proj --with-gdal --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/ --with-wmsclient --with-wfsclient --with-wsm --with-wfs

however, what I get is the following :

checking whether we should include OGR support...
configure: error:
!!! Could not find ogr_feature.h, ogrsf_fmrts.h, cpl_conv.h,          !!!
!!! ogr.a, ogrsf_frmts.a, or cpl.a in /usr/local/bin/ .
!!! Either this is not the location of a recent GDAL/OGR source tree, !!!
!!! or OGR has not been compiled yet. Please make sure you compile    !!!
!!! OGR before calling configure.                                     !!!

My gdal-config is in /usr/local/bin. I also have libgdal.a in /usr/local/lib. All these were properly installed using "make install". GDAL version is 1.2.0.

OK, I have ogr_feature.h, ogrsf_fmrts.h, cpl_conv.h in /usr/local/include (also using "make install").  But I can't find ogr.a, ogrsf_frmts.a, or cpl.a anywhere.

If I build mapserver without ogr, WFS and wfsclient it works fine.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you

Sandro Danilo Gatti
Analista de Sistemas