[Mapserver-users] WMS styles

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Mar 15 11:10:50 EST 2004

Bart,

  There was a discussion on this issue (Named Styles) at the beggining
of the project that lead to the SLD implication. We discussed internally
a couple of ideas where we would introduce a level in the map
architecture that allows the grouping classes.  I was supposed to push
this discussion further with the mapserver community but did not due to
limitation in time. So the quick ansswer is : I would like to see this
happning but we do not have any plan for it in the near future.

Later,

bartvde at xs4all.nl wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> now that SLD is being implemented for Mapserver 4.2, will there also be
> support for Named Styles using the &styles= parameter of the standard WMS
> protocol?
>
> I.e. will we be able to define styles at the server-side using a
> collection of CLASS objects (or using an SLD document)? For which we can
> provide names?
>
> Or will the &SLD= or &SLD_BODY= be the only way to do this (client-side
> driven)?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Assefa Yewondwossen