[Mapserver-users] WFS layers

we wei mapgisnewbies at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 15:31:53 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a question about WFS.  I have already compiled
mapserver with WFS server and client.  And the
mapserver  is the latest version that I got from the
nightly built.  And I tested this setting running WFS
service thru a browser as follow:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_wfs?map=/opt/mapfiles/wfs.map&service
=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=mylayer

And it works okay.  I can successfully got all the
features in GML formats.

However, when I tried to make add this WFS service as
the data sources in a layer of my demo application.
It does not work.

It returns to me nothing because of the error occured.

And I got a gml.tmp file with the follow result:

?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<wfs:FeatureCollection
   xmlns="http://www.ttt.org/myns"
   xmlns:myns="http://www.ttt.org/myns"
   xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
   xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
   xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"

   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://ogc.dmsolutions.ca/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
                       http://www.ttt.org/myns
http://http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_wfs?map=/opt/mapfiles/wfs.map;SERVICE=WFS&amp;VERSION=1.0.0&amp;REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&amp;TYPENAME=mylayer">
<gml:boundedBy>
      <gml:null>inapplicable</gml:null>
   </gml:boundedBy>
</wfs:FeatureCollection>

It seems to me that I could this gml file doesn't not
contain any features so that the image of the layer
couldn't be drawns.

I don't know if I am right but I suspect that the
resultcache is empty so that it couldn't output
anything to this GML file.

I did put "Dump true" in my mapfile.  And I put
ConnectionType WFS and
Connection
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_wfs?map=/opt/mapfiles/wfs.map&service
=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=getfeature&typename=mylayer"

in my mapfile too.

I just wonder if anyone could give me some hints on
this problem ?

I am new to this GIS stuff.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!