[Mapserver-users] Rotating text problem relating to OGR and D gn File

Lee, Han Han.Lee at Advantica.biz
Wed Mar 17 14:10:47 EST 2004

Frank,

I ran the ogrinfo and got the following output:

OGRFeature(elements):7597
  Type (Integer) = 17
  Level (Integer) = 18
  GraphicGroup (Integer) = 0
  ColorIndex (Integer) = 118
  Weight (Integer) = 2
  Style (Integer) = 0
  EntityNum (Integer) = (null)
  MSLink (Integer) = (null)
  Text (String) = CENTRE COMMERCIALE
  Style = LABEL(t:"CENTRE COMMERCIALE",c:#8f2300,s:12g,a:277)
  POINT (1121698.730 1119231.755)

OGRFeature(elements):7598
  Type (Integer) = 17
  Level (Integer) = 18
  GraphicGroup (Integer) = 0
  ColorIndex (Integer) = 118
  Weight (Integer) = 2
  Style (Integer) = 0
  EntityNum (Integer) = (null)
  MSLink (Integer) = (null)
  Text (String) = GRAND PLACE DES BOIS FRANC
  Style = LABEL(t:"GRAND PLACE DES BOIS FRANC",c:#8f2300,s:12g,a:277)
  POINT (1121678.536 1119229.434)

It looks like the rotation angles are coming through.
I am currently running Mapserver version 4.0.1.
Here is my version information:

C:\Inetpub\Scripts>mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLI
ENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Do I need to install something to use FreeType2 support?

Thank you for your help.

Han