[Mapserver-users] Strange result with WMS layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 17 14:45:18 EST 2004

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] wrote:
> And if I try with shp2img, I got the right image with this message:
>
> GDAL: GDALOpen(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\1234567890.img.tmp) succeeds as PNG.
> GDAL: GDALClose(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\1234567890.img.tmp)
> GDAL: GDALDeregistered_GTiff() called.

> I made a simple viewer to see the layers of one of my mapfile.  Some of these layers are valid WMS layers.  When I want to see one of these layers, the result is the html in ascii with this at the begining:
>
> GDAL: GDALClose(C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/tmp/107954018813960.img.tmp)

Nicolas,

The GDAL: ... messages are debug messages from GDAL.  Normally they should
be turned off though setting the CPL_DEBUG environment variable to ON will
turn them on.  On unix (at least) they go to stderr and would not normally
be returned from a cgi-bin.  Instead they would be logged in the error
logfile for the web server.

The "Content-type: text/html" is supposed to be the first line returned by
a cgi, and indicates to the web server (and the receiving browser) that
what follows is HTML.

So, my suggestion is to review your environment variable settings an unset
CPL_DEBUG.

I haven't been following the rest of your error report so I don't know if this
is the actual problem or unrelated.

Best regards,