[Mapserver-users] no legend

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Thu Mar 18 08:35:05 EST 2004

Elisabeth Nolz wrote:

> hi list.
>
> i have a "simple" problem: there ist no legend indicated. not even an
> error message. just an image with nothing in it. i can't imagine why. what
> am i doing wrong? i am grateful for each assistance.

Could this be the eternal "STATUS DEFAULT" problem?  "STATUS ON" in map
layers means that the layer has to be explicitly requested. For a layer
to be automatically displayed, its STATUS has to be DEFAULT. OTOH
legends and scalebars only have "STATUS ON" , and I'm not sure if this
works the same in MapScript. Try setting STATUS DEFAULT for your layers;
if that doesn't help, the problem comes almost certainly from a mismatch
between the EXTENT and the layer's boundaries.

Jan