[Mapserver-users] Question about wld/gfw file

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Thu Mar 18 08:41:23 EST 2004

If my understanding is correct - what you are trying to do is generate a
map elsewhere and save it as an image (gif file) and then serve that
"raster" layer up using mapserver.?
If that understanding is correct then the answer to "Do I need to create
a new wld/gfw file for each of my own maps?" is yes.

If all your doing is serving up a single raster layer (the map image)
then you can use just about any coordinates you would like in the wld
file because the image will not need to relate to any other data.
Keep in mind that you can't serve a scalebar with this approach as it
will be incorrect.
Example (this is a quick example so I may need corrected here): If the
image is 1000x1000 then the wld could be:
1
0
-0
-1
0
1000
and the mapfile extent would be 0 0 1000 1000

HTH

Lowell

The following message was sent by =?iso-8859-1?q?TOH=20CZ?=
<cz_toh at yahoo.com> on Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:22:32 +0000 (GMT).