[Mapserver-users] Just call me a newbie . . . multiple Raster LAYERs question {Scanned} {Scanned}

blammo bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Mar 18 09:06:09 EST 2004

--------------070105040903060100080606

Siki Zoltan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Bob Basques wrote:
>

>>All,
>>
>>Let's say I have Six different levels of resolution of Aerial Photo's
>>all of them having the same coverage extents.
>>

>It won't work.
>You should create six tile index and six layer and set MINSCALE and
>MAXSCALE for them to turn the best one for a scale. You can add them to
>the same group, so you can easily turn them on and off through the group
>name.

I got it to work as you (and others) described with seperate layers and
using the GROUP option.

>An other solution may be the sid format (may be the ecw to).
>As far as I know ecw is supported in the nightly built version.
>As far as I know MrSid is not supported :(
>These format can contain multi resolution image sources, that case you can
>use the six different resolution tile as one image, that case no need for
>tileindex.

In my experience the MRSID option is too slow to render, I believe the
performance is (much) better using the seperate resolutions as LAYERS.

bobb

--------------070105040903060100080606

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Siki Zoltan wrote:
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0403180848480.20859-100000 at bme-geod.agt.bme.hu"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi,

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Bob Basques wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">All,

Let's say I have Six different levels of resolution of Aerial Photo's
all of them having the same coverage extents.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
It won't work.
You should create six tile index and six layer and set MINSCALE and
MAXSCALE for them to turn the best one for a scale. You can add them to
the same group, so you can easily turn them on and off through the group
name.
  </pre>
I got it to work as you (and others) described with seperate layers and
using the GROUP option.<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0403180848480.20859-100000 at bme-geod.agt.bme.hu"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">An other solution may be the sid format (may be the ecw to).
As far as I know ecw is supported in the nightly built version.
As far as I know MrSid is not supported :(
These format can contain multi resolution image sources, that case you can
use the six different resolution tile as one image, that case no need for
tileindex.
  </pre>
In my experience the MRSID option is too slow to render, I believe the
performance is (much) better using the seperate resolutions as LAYERS.<br>
bobb<br>