[Mapserver-users] Oracle spatial error - off topic to mapserver

Tomko tomko at gku.sk
Fri Mar 19 10:00:44 EST 2004

HI,
Sorry for bothering this list, but I am really hopeless. You can write
me directly to avoid spamming the list, if you can help me... PLEASE"

 I am (still)in troubles with Oracle Spatial and I do not
 know how to get out of them...

from the beginning I have a strange error occuring - I cannot creat
spatial indices!!! So also the mapserver oraclespatial connection
doesn't work well with the USING SRID... way, I have to do the double
select... And this
 show as a crucial limitation when I want to use it with other tools
(ArcSDE) or for
 performance reasons... Maybe you could give me a hint?? here is the
error
 message (and a sample procedure leading to it):

 CREATE TABLE body (CBODU NUMBER PRIMARY KEY,NAZOV VARCHAR (32),X
NUMBER,Y
 NUMBER,Z NUMBER,TOPO VARCHAR (32),GEOM MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY);
 commit;

 INSERT INTO USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA
 VALUES (
 'body',
 'GEOM',
 MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ARRAY(
 MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('X', 0, -591445, 0.005),
 MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('Y', 0, -1373146, 0.005),
 MDSYS.SDO_DIM_ELEMENT('Z', 0, 1000, 0.005)),
 NULL -- SRID
 );
 commit;

create index body_idx on body (GEOM)
2* INDEXTYPE IS mdsys.spatial_index

 CREATE INDEX body_idx
 *
 ERROR at line 1:
 ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
 ORA-13249: Error executing stmt:  begin
mdsys.prvt_idx.execute_insert(NULL,
 NULL, ' VALUES (''SYS'',''MDIDX_INIT'', 0, 0, 64, -1,
NLS_UPPER(''MDRT_77D1
 $''), ''BODY_IDX'', 1, ''SYS'', ''"GEOM"'', 0, 0, 3,
 0, ''DEFAULT'', ''DEFAULT'', NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
 2, ''DEFAULT'', 10, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, ''FALSE'', ''VALID'',
NULL)',
 NULL); end;
 ORA-13249: Error in Spatial index: insert to metadata failed
 ORA-29400: data cartridge error
 ORA-00913: too many values
 ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.PRVT_IDX", line 5
 ORA-06512: at line 1
 ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_INDEX_METHOD_9I", line 7
 ORA-06512: at line 1

I have also tried to reinstall Oracle for it, but I am having the same
error. The installation did not report any error. I am encountering a
similar error when trying to create spatial tables with ESRI ArcSDE, or
even working with a XML database. I suspect that it is a problem with
the ODCIIndex cartridge or something like that, according to the forums.
I am running a windows version of Oracle 9.2.0.1, a developper version
downloaded from the otn. I am running a Windows 2003 server and I have
updated the universal installer and applied the patch. I did not do any
changes to the MDSYS user, just unlocked it. I was connected as sys.

I have found something about a "catpatch procedure"
But did not run this...

 Thanks a lot!

 Martin