[Mapserver-users] Php/mapscript: overlaysymbol

Wheaton, William D. wdw at rti.org
Mon Mar 22 10:36:57 EST 2004

Hello, all:

I'm trying to make use of the overlaysymbol and related properties in
php/mapscript.  I'm using MS 4.0.  According to the documentation,
overlaysymbol, etc., should be properties of a class object.  When I try
using it like so:

$class = ms_newClassObj($layer);
$class=$layer->getclass($i);
$class->setexpression("\"$fiid\"");
$class->set("overlaysymbol", "triangle_border");

I get the following error:
Fatal error: Property 'overlaysymbol' does not exist in this object. in
/var/www/htdocs/els/els_dev.phtml on line 42

I'm setting the other symbol properties in style objects...

All of the overlayxxxx properties seem to exhibit the same behavior.  I've
also tried them within a style in case they got moved to style objects, but
no go.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Bill