[Mapserver-users] jbox/dbox error message retrieval.

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Mar 22 16:55:12 EST 2004

Not easily, the MapServer CGI doesn't have the ability to return errors
in the image. However,
assuming you're using mapserv.js as well you could easily hack the draw
method to do WMS
requests instead of straight MapServer CGI requests (I don't think
you'd loose much) and
set exceptions to be handled inimage.

Steve

>>> "Jason M. Nielsen" <jnielsen at aero-graphics.com> 3/22/2004 2:45:32
PM >>>
I am using the javascript jbox/dbox interface and I was wondering if
there is
way to retrieve the error messages one normally sees output by the
mapserver
cgi. An example might be when you specify the incorrect TYPE for a
layer.

TIA