[Mapserver-users] "postgis ---> mapserver" query

Saurabh Data sd at dil.in
Tue Mar 23 09:55:49 EST 2004

Thanks eric for the answer.

But to be honest, I dont know much about the shape files. And if they have
*.shp  extension then I could not find any of them being created or present
in my directory.

Browsing the web I got the following definition

"stores nontopological geometry and attribute information for the spatial
features in a data set. The geometry for a feature is stored as a shape
comprising a set of vector coordinates. Shapefiles handle single features
that overlap or that are noncontiguous. Shapefiles can support point, line
and area features.
"
But it is still not clear...

Any ideas ?