[Mapserver-users] msyyparse() - parse error

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 24 13:14:42 EST 2004

I don't recall any major changes to the parser, but I may be wrong. You've got
tons of expressions. You can simplify things in a number of places by using
string expressions instead of logical expression. For example, in layer klassierung
an expression like 'EXPRESSION ([COLOR] = 4)' is much more efficient as
'EXPRESSION 4' (you'll have to set a CLASSITEM). Making that change would
eliminate a number of layers as the culprit. You can then concentrate on  rco1400
and bdbed.

Steve

>>> Möri Cédric <Cedric.Moeri at bd.so.ch> 3/22/2004 11:04:20 AM >>>
Hi Steve!

thanks for the hints. So i'm going to check my stuff once again, but this
time i've got an idea what i'm looking for ;-)

I attached my mapfile, if you like to have a look at it (it's quite a bunch
of lines).

Were there any recent changes in the msyyparse()-function between ms3.6.6
and ms4.0.1?
This mapfile worked quite fine in the "old" system (I didn't see this error
before working with 4.0.1).

What i'm not understandig too, is that the errors triggers sometimes one
time and then up to 60 times.

Thanks for your help

regards
Cedric