[Mapserver-users] BASICS OF QUERYING

Sam Choudry samuzzal at linux.net
Thu Mar 25 05:17:15 EST 2004

Hello,

   I am a novice to Php-Mapscript and using it for about a month. I am able to do zooming, panning and also to display selected layers. Now I am trying my hands on two types of queries.

   a. attribute value will be providd by the user and the map will display those query areas.
   b. User will select a point on the map and the attribute value corrsponding to that point will be shown. (I am also thinking of rectangle selection)

   But I am very much confused on how to do it. Could anybody help me by providing me the primary knowledge of how a query can be implemented and some example codes for doing this.

   I will remain be grateful.

                                                  Samuzzal Choudhury.