[Mapserver-users] mapserver 4 - postgis problem

Pericles Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Fri Mar 26 11:46:00 EST 2004

Check your web server's error log and see if there's anything related to
MapServer.  Chances are it says it can't find "/tmp/someimage.png" or
something similar.  Make sure your IMAGEPATH  points to the proper
absolute path to your temp directory and the IMAGEURL points to the proper
path relative to your web server's root.  Also, make sure to append the
extra slash at the end of the path.
Ex:
IMAGEPATH '/data/tmp/'
IMAGEURL '/tmp/'

The path "/tmp/" should be referenced as an "Alias" (Virtual Directory) in
your web server.  If you don't want (or don't know how) to create an
alias, just create the temp directory under your "htdocs" (or "wwwroot",
in IIS) directory.  Then you specify the IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL like this:
IMAGEPATH '/var/www/localhost/htdocs/tmp/' # change to your real path
IMAGEURL '/tmp/'

You do need to make sure that the web server user account can write to
this temp directory (and not anywhere else).

I hope this helps.
-Perry N.