[Mapserver-users] Getcapabilites XML does not respect DTD!

Julien, Heryk hjulien at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 29 09:51:36 EST 2004

Hi to all,

I am attempting to apply a XSLT to a MapServer getcapabilities request
without success. When I open the getcapabilites XML in XMLspy and try to
validate it I get an error message:
"Unexpected child element 'Keywordlist' ".

Mapservers getcapabiliteis doesn't seem to respect the DTD specified in it's
getcapabilities xml response.
The following element order is not respected:
<!ELEMENT Service (Name, Title, Abstract?, KeywordList?, OnlineResource,
ContactInformation?, Fees?, AccessConstraints?)>

In my getcapabilities file, the "keywordlist" is placed after the
"onlineresource".
I tried changing the order of my metadata in my mapfile but it still didn't
work.

Here is my getcapabilites request:
http://www.cgcq.rncan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=d:\webcgcq\map
files\nb2004.map&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&

and the DTD specified in the getcapabilites response:
http://www.digitalearth.gov/wmt/xml/capabilities_1_1_0.dtd

Anyone can help me?
Héryk Julien