[Mapserver-users] Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/php_mapscript.so' - libiconv.so.2

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Tue Mar 30 11:22:05 EST 2004

I have compiled mapscript 4.0.1 on RedHat Linux 7.3, with postgresql 7.3.3 and
postgis 0.7.5.

Compile went fine, but when I attempt to load the mapscript module, I get the
following error:

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/php_mapscript.so'
- libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
/usr/local/www/html/gis/alan/index.php on line 20

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ms_newmapobj() in
/usr/local/www/html/lib/module_activemap.php on line 28

I can find no trace of this on any postings. Can anyone help with this? My
into the appropriate location (/usr/lib/php4/)

Thanks,
r.b.

Robert W. Burgholzer
rburghol at veetee dot edu
History of Nutrition: "Buddha probably consumed a high-carb diet."