[Mapserver-users] Adding Dynamic layers in Mapscript 4.0.1 Perl

John Beisley - RSG josb at pml.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 03:41:36 EST 2004

WILHITE JASON W wrote:

> <>The static members of the map file are showing up just fine but not
> the dynamic layer. I have a feeling it might be a problem with the
> color assignments but for the life of me I can’t figure it out.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Jason

I think I ran into a similar problem myself. Although I don't recall the
solution, I do remember finding that calling save() on the map object to
save the generated map file to disk was a very useful debugging solution.

However my own code for setting the style on a line layer that I have
does something similar to the following: (where $layer is a layerObj)

my $layerClass = new mapscript::classObj($layer);

# ... Set the values inside $layerClass ...

$layerClass->{numstyles} = 1;

- John

--
Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Registered Charity No. 1091222

The content of this message may contain personal views which are
not the views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically
stated.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free