[Mapserver-users] Strange Behaviour - WFS & PostGIS

Keith Campbell scoota at supanet.com
Wed Mar 31 14:08:28 EST 2004

Hi All,

I've got an odd situation with what MapServer is returning when using a
PostGIS datasource.

I have two layers in a mapfile - both are based on a PostGIS datasource.
If I enter the URL of the mapfile in the browser I get an image
consisting of the data from the two layers - OK so far. If I tack on a
GetFeature request for one of the layers onto the URL , I get the GML
for only one feature within the layer. If the GetFeature request is for
both layers, I  get GML for one feature in one of the layers.

I have another mapfile set up that uses the same data for the layers but
in shape file format. If I try the same requests, I get the image, the
GML for all features in requested layer, and the GML for all features in
both layers respectively. So the WFS works properly for the Shape based
layers but not the PostGIS, whereas an image is generated correctly in
both cases. Any ideas?

Regards,

Keith