Fw: [Mapserver-users] center map on x,y coordinates

Elisabeth Nolz e9625730 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 4 08:14:57 EDT 2004

i tried alexandros link but still got the same error:
getString(): Symbol definition error. (MAP):(0)

perhaps someone knows whats going wrong.
elisabeth.

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 14:44, Alexandros Chimarios wrote:
make last try with :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=map.map&mapxy="339989,00
1646,00"&scale=1000

It seems that the %20 special HTML char is getting confused with the number
after that.

Elisabeth, please also send a carbon-copy of your emails to the mapserver-list
cause may be some people out there that could help you more than me.

I don't know if this make you feel better, but I also have some problems with
Maserver. I have been trying to setup a WMS server since the morning !

Regards
Alexandros

"Elisabeth Nolz" <e9625730 at student.tuwien.ac.at> schrieb:
hi again, alexandros.

i copied my .map-file to the apache/cgi-bin directory and this is the link i'm
working with by now:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=map.map&mapxy=339989,00%201646,00&scale=1000

but i get the following error:
getString(): Symbol definition error. (MAP):(0)

do you know what that means?