[Mapserver-users] Problem on setting up an WMS server

Alexandros Chimarios alhim at intracom.gr
Tue May 4 09:01:55 EDT 2004

I have compiled the Mapserver 4.2 beta to support WMS server(succesfully
tested it !) and GetCapabilities works fine. However when I try thr GetMap
functionality instead of the image I get an xml file describing the following
error :

<ServiceException>
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid values for BBOX.
</ServiceException>

This is the URL i try :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mywms.map&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=earth&bbox=-110.0,40.0,-80.0,30.0&VERSION=1.1.1

Could anyone explain me what to do or send me an example test WMS-server map
file ?

This is mywms.map :

MAP

NAME DEMO

WEB
	METADATA
		"wms_title"	"WMS DEMO SERVER"
		"wms_onlineresource"	"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mywms.map&"
		"wms_srs"  		"EPSG:4326"

	END
END

LAYER
NAME earth
DATA "/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/geodata/data/cubeserv-best.jpg"
TYPE RASTER
END

END