[Mapserver-users] Using mapserv.js with decimal degrees

Matthew Perry mtperry78 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 4 12:02:39 EDT 2004

We have, for the time being, decided that we must use
projected data with mapserv.js. In order to get
accurate scale calculations necessary for the
navigation tools, the units must be planar.

The solution might involve some javascript conversion
of lat/long mouse clicks and extents into planar
distances, doing the scale calculations, then
converting back to lat/long. It would be much easier
to simply reproject the datasets.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Matt Perry
Natural Resources Planning