[Mapserver-users] label

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu May 6 03:50:31 EDT 2004

Hi Leonardo,

that should be no problem, just define the label for the street layer in
your mapfile sth. like this:

       LABEL
         TYPE truetype # label rotation only works with truetype fonts
	FONT arial
         BUFFER 1
         COLOR 50 50 50
         FORCE FALSE
         OFFSET 0 0
	ANGLE auto # this automatically rotates the label along the lines shape
features
         OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
         PARTIALS TRUE
       END

It doesn't (shouldn't ;-)) matter what you use to draw the map, either
php/perl/python-mapscript or cgi version.

Only if you draw single layers with mapscript layerObj.draw() then you
have to draw the labelcache at some point otherwise no labels will
appear at all.

HTH, Michael