[Mapserver-users] WMS client access in tutorials

Vincent J. Troisi vincent.troisi at colorado.edu
Thu May 6 15:47:05 EDT 2004

I'm new to this forum.When I attempt to use examples testing the
WMS client interface in the tutorial I do not receive a copy of
the Landsat map from the jpl site.
I observe the img.tmp file being created
but the file does not last long in the tmp directory.

The reference

http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?REQUEST=map&LAYERS=
us_landsat7&STYLES=&FORMAT=png&TRANSPARENT=true

returns with the following due to the fact the .tmp
file is empty:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'landsat'.
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image
format

drawEPP(): Image handling error.
/home/troisi/www/htdocs/tutorial/data/tmp/1083865998252590.img.tmp is
not an EPPL file.

When attempting to use the CONNECTION
string in my netscape browser and a wms.cgi file was returned
with the following contents

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
"http://www.digitalearth.gov/wmt/xml/exception_1_1_0.dtd ">
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.0">
   <ServiceException>
     Required key 'bbox' is missing.
   </ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>