[Mapserver-users] Problem Compiling Mapserver/Mapscript

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 11 11:35:19 EDT 2004

HRIC wrote:

> My attempts to correct this by adding
>
> --with-gdal (both with and without =dir) have configured fine, but won’t
> ‘make’  I get the following:

You need to do two things:

1- 'make install' in the GDAL directory to install it in your system
2- Use --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config (or replace with the path
where your gdal-config is installed)

However, looking at the build output below it seems that the configure
didn't find gdal-config, but it did enable GDAL (-DUSE_GDAL) for some
odd reason:

> gcc -c -O2  -Wall -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA  -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_PROJ
> -DUSE_PROJ_API_H
>
> -DUSE_WMS_SVR      -DUSE_TIFF -DUSE_JPEG -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG
> -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR
> -DUSE_GDAL     -I/usr/local//include          -I/include
> mapraster.c -o mapraster.o
>
> In file included from mapraster.c:5:
>
> mapresample.h:53:20: gdal.h: No such file or directory
>
> mapresample.h:54:26: cpl_string.h: No such file or directory

The configure script should have stopped with an error since GDAL
headers aren't installed on your system, so there is a problem that
needs to be fixed here.

Can you please try again using v4.2beta2 and if the problem persists
then create a bug in the mapserver bugzilla with your complete configure
command and a note about where GDAL is located on your system so that we
have a way to reproduce.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca