[Mapserver-users] transparent png's as symbol

Martin Kofahl martin.kofahl at auf.uni-rostock.de
Tue May 11 16:55:07 EDT 2004

Hello,
i would like to use a png (two colors, one declared as transparent in
the symbol-file) as symbol. However, the png should only contain some
dots, the backgroundcolor should be declared in the mapfile. This
doesn't work for png's. I only see the png with a white background when
setting the png-backgroundcolor to be transparent (in the symbol-file).

If I use vector-symbols instead of images it works! Does anyone know
why and how to fix it? Thank you!
Martin