[Mapserver-users] Bug 493 / Crashing with raster layers / 4.2 beta-2 declared dangerous

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 11 18:44:40 EDT 2004

Flip,

I was able to reproduce the problem you talked to me about on the phone. In
fact, it related to an improper fix I introduced in the last couple weeks for
raster "cracking" (bugzilla bug 493).  My fix caused the output window to
sometimes go one pixel off the output image resulting in errant pointers
and memory corruption in some render scenarios - especially common in
tileindexed layers.

I have committed a fix int the 4.3 CVS head, and also into the 4.2 release
branch since the problem occured in both.  I would suggest you do a cvs
update and rebuild.

I would add that MapServer 4.2 beta-2 is unsafe for raster mapping as it
stands.  A beta-3 (or final release) should be available fairly soon with
this issue resolved.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.  We might well have
issued a 4.2 final release with this serious bug still active if not for
your testing.

Best regards,