[Mapserver-users] open failed ogr connection

Andreas Koeberle koeberle at fh-nb.de
Thu May 13 08:19:15 EDT 2004

Hi
I try do use a access database as a source for a point layer. I check
the ovf  file with the ogrinfo like describe in the wiki and the file
seems to work. But when I try do use with the mapserver the following
message <http://dict.leo.org/?p=14/p..&search=appear> appear:

msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`virtuallayer.ovf'. File not found or unsupported format

I've read this thread http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0401/msg00728.html.
But also with the binary from Paul Spencer I've got the same error. Is there something wrong with my map file or what could it be?

ovf File:
<OGRVRTDataSource>
        <OGRVRTLayer name="layer">
                <SrcDataSource>ODBC:user/@margis</SrcDataSource>
                <SrcLayer>position</SrcLayer>
                <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
                <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
                <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="Latitude" y="Longitude"/>
        </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

layer:
LAYER